Thursday, September 9, 2010

Find a College

Hey there, hope you find this information helpful!!!

I remember when I was in my fourth year of high school, feeling so stressed out because I was not sure of what college to go to. On top of having to write so many essays to different colleges and scholarships, I had to maintain my high average, plus go to my internship site three days a week. So trust me it wasn’t easy to handle everything at once.

However, the most important thing you should do in order to find the perfect college for your lifestyle and personality is taking into consideration 3 very important things.

1. Location- Where do you live, every do you want to live while you are attending college, are you willing to drive 1 or 2 hours every morning and afternoon to go to college and come back home, do you even have a car to go to school with. Will you take the train, or the bus, or will somebody else provide transportation for you. I know, there are a lot of students that think of transportation lastly, but that isn’t a good thing to do at all, because you will have to make sure you have the appropriate form of transportation.


- I personally decided to go to a college that wasn’t far from me. It only took me 15-20 minutes to drive to college. Plus I was lucky enough to have my own car, thanks to my husband.


2. Tuition $$$- It is very important that you take into consideration how much money the college you want to go will be. You have to think about how much money you are capable of paying. How many loans you can afford to take and who else is helping you will your college expenses. However, you should defiantly consider applying to as many scholarships as possible (PLEASE DON’T BECOME LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO WRITING ESSAYS IN ORDER TO GET AS MUCH FREE MONEY FOR COLLEGE AS POSSIBLE). You should start applying to scholarships since your junior year. In other words you want to make sure that you can afford the college you are planning to go to.

- I personally went to a college that cost around $6,000.00 per semester, which is not that cheep. Fortunately I didn’t have to take any loans out, due to help from lots of scholarships I won and also from my parents and husbands financial support.


3. College campus/reputation- You want to make sure the college you plan on going to has a reputable reputation in the eyes of the public. You also want to visit as many colleges as possible to make sure that you like the campus and the structure of the college. But most importantly you want to find out as much information about how many students are per class, and the professor’s education level. You don’t want to end up being tough about a particular subject that the professor has no experience in. You also don’t want to end up going to a college that has 100 students per class, when you are the type of person that only wants 20-25 students in the same class. After all I don’t believe you would want to be just a social number to your professors.

- I personally wanted to go to a college that would give me the opportunity to meet the professors in a personal/professional level. I didn’t want to be a simple number. I wanted to make sure that I get the worth of every penny I was paying for college. By knowing the professors personally it allowed me to ask them for help, for advice, and most importantly for future letters of reference.


In addition, you should make sure you go to a college that offers the appropriate degree and major you want to achieve. You should also investigate about your colleges Career Advancement office. It is very important you do so, because CAO will help you find internships, jobs and most importantly it will help you build your resume and connections. It is important that you find out how involved the CAO is with the students.


- I personally was very interested in finding out how much the college I was planning on attending helped the students find official jobs. The college I went to truly helped me, from making a resume, to finding me an internship, to helping me with my job search.

My advice to you is that make sure you are 100% sure about the college you plan on going to, the more information you know each college you apply to, the better it will be, because it will be easy for you to compare them and to make the appropriate final decision.

Good luck with finding the best college for your personality, lifestyle and future plans!!!!

Thanks for reading and don’t forget to smile =)

-Nora xoxo

( don't forget to comment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BCBGeneration BCBGeneration

I love Fashion!! Don't you? One of my favorite all Times Brands is BCBGeneration !! They create such high Fashion clothing that are grea...